AirPod Pro's and Smule App

CoeyGG

I know about the latency issue with bluetooth devices, which ALMOST seems to be nonexistent with the Airpod Pros. I drop it about 30ms and its on point every time. 
But, i was wondering if anyone knew exactly why i cant hear my voice while i sing, using these Airpod Pros? I remember using the regular headphones that came with it and being able to hear myself as i sang. Any ideas? I greatly appreciate any help.

KeithJClark
Posted (edited)

Howdy! Are you on iPhone\ios?

There are known issues with Bluetooth and in most cases Android, some details found in older posts like these:
https://sing.salon/forums/topic/917-not-able-to-hear-my-own-voice/

https://sing.salon/forums/topic/826-sing-with-blue-tooth-headphones/

Since I'm new to the scene I'll not jump to conclusions but I have done a lot of research on Smule and being able to hear your voice (assuming you have turned the slider up for "vocal volume" when singing a song) with bluetooth is a known challenge depending on what equipment you have; however, I have not heard about it being so on an iPhone.

There are indications out there that the airpods are supported, but I don't see anyone specifically saying they can monitor their own voice.

On Amazon in the questions sections for Airpods I searched for "smule" and didn't find any results - I was surprised that out of some 1,000 questions the word "smule" is not mentioned once.

Hopefully someone more seasoned can chime in. Hope that helped a little bit.

Keith

Edited by KeithJClark