How do we remove vocals from song

Mallikharjuna Kakumani (Mallik)

Whats the best way to remove vocals from a song. Its not possible to remove vocals completely for some sogs. But i saw some songs were well processed to remove vocals. 

Please suggest some good methods/software.

Mallikharjuna Kakumani (Mallik)
8 hours ago, opentype said:

What’s your operating system? Should it be free software or can it be commercial one as well?

Hi,

I am using Mac and Windows. Anything would fine, free or commercial

opentype

Maybe I put it together as article for our article section. Guess many are interested in that. 

But I quickly mention my personal choice: I use Adobe Audition CC. It has a built in option for the typical center cancellation trick (which one can use in almost any audio editor), but it provides lots of settings for it. So I can be sure to remove as much as necessary, but as little as possible from the background music. 

Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 19.11.40.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 19.11.44.png

Still, the results depend on the specific song. It might be good for one song and might produce unusable results for another song from the same album, simply because of the way it was recorded and how the sounds are distributed regarding their frequency and the stereo placement. 

A truly perfect karaoke song is only one that didn’t have vocals to begin with. 

• 11 months later...
psychomusicana

I have learned that the best software for removing vocals is to be found on a PC and I have a Mac. I also don't have time to become expert on this. I want tracks to old recordings that are less complicated for removal of vocals and I'm willing to pay someone to do this for me. My latest obsession is the track for I Need a Little Sugar In My Bowl by Bessie Smith (note: not the one by Nina Simone). The recording is easy to find on YouTube. Someone make me an offer I can't refuse! 

Edited by psychomusicana

opentype
2 hours ago, psychomusicana said:

The recording is easy to find on YouTube.

Yeah, but it’s a mono track. Nothing can be extracted from that. 

You might have better luck finding a musician who plays the piano for you as a background track. 

• 1 month later...
psychomusicana

I am a musician who plays the piano LOL. I don't have the time and the ones for hire are either not good enough, or way out of my price range.