How do I ensure on screen for the entire song while joining Video invite?

ThakkuV

I want to join a video invite and suggest the right Video style to ensure I am visible through out the span of the song. Or at least most part of the song?

• confused 1

_RamKrish1012
3 hours ago, ThakkuV said:

I want to join a video invite and suggest the right Video style to ensure I am visible through out the span of the song. Or at least most part of the song?

you will be on video only when you sing and your voice gets recorded. If you join an invite and don't sing your will not be on video at all. The question is why would you want to be on the video all the time in someone else's invite ?

ThakkuV
2 hours ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

you will be on video only when you sing and your voice gets recorded. If you join an invite and don't sing your will not be on video at all. The question is why would you want to be on the video all the time in someone else's invite ?

I am trying to join my own invite. It is a double role of a hero. When one sings the other watches him with some actions that makes sense. I have seen some collabs joining me and visible throughout the song. I am sure there is an option.

_RamKrish1012
1 hour ago, ThakkuV said:

I am trying to join my own invite. It is a double role of a hero. When one sings the other watches him with some actions that makes sense. I have seen some collabs joining me and visible throughout the song. I am sure there is an option.

If you join your own invite You should be there through out the video but not to gether. say you were two diff shirts you will see only one or the other not both. You see what I mean. Try wearing a diff shirt and rejoin your invite and this will become clear. This happens because the recording is done at two different times. Hope I am making sense here. If you wish please forward your invite to me and I will check your recordings out.

Sargethesinger

In a duet, the  Smule app prioritizes who is visible based on audio presence and the part # assigned to the song form. Unless it is a solo, you would not be present for the whole song regardless if you sang the entire time because the video editing shares who is featured based on where it is located on the timeline of the song. During instrumental solos, intros and outros the video would shift to whomever is making sound, so these are places where you could be present more often.

One way to monopolize this on screen time would be to play an instrument or make sound with your voice (besides singing) 

Another possible way to be on screen more in a duet would be to create custom parts, which requires more effort on you customizing the song. This is an option you can select when creating a new song. 

If you wanted to play off of your own performance then create a duet, sing part one and then join your own invite in your channel and record part 2

Edited by Sargethesinger