Is there any tool to check for invites for multiple songs?

WildTiger393

Some songs are more popular than others on Smule and I find myself keeping a list of less popular songs which people don't often post/respond to invites for. Every weekend I'm checking my list to see if anyone posted an invite for any of those songs. This just basically consists of tapping each song and then "Join" and seeing if any invites come up, or alternatively searching for the song and looking at invite search results.

Obviously as my list gets longer, it takes longer to go through and check for invites, so I'm wondering if there's any tool, like a website or program, which can check them in bulk?

Edited by WildTiger393

• 3 weeks later...
opentype

That doesn’t exist. And Smule has no public API to easily gather this kind of data. 

I did think about this functionality myself in the past. It does makes sense. But I doubt Smule will ever add it. 

WildTiger393
9 hours ago, opentype said:

That doesn’t exist. And Smule has no public API to easily gather this kind of data. 

I did think about this functionality myself in the past. It does makes sense. But I doubt Smule will ever add it. 

Thanks for the response, opentype. Does Smule have any public APIs? From reading your page about how Insights works, I had assumed you were using private APIs to gather this data, and probably the same could be done here.

Would you consider adding such a feature to sing.salon?

WildTiger393

PS: When I said API, I just mean to check invites for a single song. Then a tool would have to call that API multiple times. I'm not expecting Smule to have an API to check invites in bulk, but a third-party tool could do that.

opentype

There is some JSON data that can be scraped from the website, but I am not aware of an easy way to monitor song OCs. 

In addition, Smule seems to actively block external service like ours now, so I am not sure if it’s worth working on any more of these feature. Sure, I can rotate through IPs to circumvent bans, but starting a cat-and-mouse game with Smule is probably not worth it. 

WildTiger393
On 7/5/2020 at 12:17 PM, opentype said:

There is some JSON data that can be scraped from the website, but I am not aware of an easy way to monitor song OCs. 

In addition, Smule seems to actively block external service like ours now, so I am not sure if it’s worth working on any more of these feature. Sure, I can rotate through IPs to circumvent bans, but starting a cat-and-mouse game with Smule is probably not worth it. 

Thanks a lot for your response. I think I will try to create my own tool then. If I find there is no way to get a list of invites for a song, it will have to be just based on search terms. I will class it as experimental and see if it gets blocked. I have no idea why Smule would block it, as I don't think we are doing anything against Smule TOS. But I will see.