Smule Echo issues

Netra Karthik

My duet partner says there is an echo in my recording as I come in the frame when they sing. How to fix this.  Many have complained so far. Can someone please help.  

opentype

You are certainly recording audio even when you are not singing. That is why the camera stays on you, even if you are not singing. 

It’s hard to say what is causing this. You would need to narrow down the problem through testing. 

• You can login on someone else’s phone and sing there. If the problem goes away, it might be your phone—for example the socket where you plugin the headphones. 
  • You could try another headset. If the problem goes away, it certainly is your headset (which might have an unwanted connection of the microphone and headphone cable). 
  • And you need to make sure that background audio isn’t playing anywhere out loud. I noticed you only use the headset in one ear. That might also cause the microphone to pick up the sound from the other earphone. 

Netra Karthik

Thanks a lot for the help.  Will definitely follow the points and look into it.  

_RamKrish1012
1 hour ago, opentype said:

You are certainly recording audio even when you are not singing. That is why the camera stays on you, even if you are not singing. 

Spot On Open Type.

Netra I looked at your video recording carefully and I realise you have the earbud only in your Left Ear and you are probably holding the other in your hand and close to the mike. This is generating a feed back noise that you do not hear as you are busy listening to the duet and preparing for your turn. This feed back noise generates an audio signal which the Mic Picks up. This is similar to you humming gently when your partner is singing which gets picked up.  In Video duets, only the person singing is on screen and both will be there when there is an overlap and both sing. "Meaning when you are not singing you should not be in the video". So Please wear both ear buds and do a duet video to see if the problem still persists. if it Does not then your Problem has been solved. 

_RamKrish1012

Netra I followed you and looked at a few Video Recordings of your to see if I could help. Cheers Ram

Netra Karthik

Many thanks Ram ji.  I will definitely plugin both sides and sing. Hopefully I hope the problem gets sorted.  But even if I keep the mic volume to 60 also I am actually not able to hear me sing If I have both sides earphones on.  But will definitely wear both sides and try this out. Will eventually get used to it. 

_RamKrish1012
1 hour ago, Netra Karthik said:

Many thanks Ram ji.  I will definitely plugin both sides and sing. Hopefully I hope the problem gets sorted.  But even if I keep the mic volume to 60 also I am actually not able to hear me sing If I have both sides earphones on.  But will definitely wear both sides and try this out. Will eventually get used to it. 

If with both ear buds you are not able to hear yourself sing then your ear buds are faulty You are able to hear the smule music and that means the ear bud is OK. You are not able to hear yourself sing but your voice gets recorded means your mic is recording your voice but your voice is not reaching your ear buds. Just borrow some ones ear buds or Head phone with mic and try. I do not look at this all the time so drop me a message on Smule Notifications and I will try and help you through. It could even be simple lose contact between ear buds and mob phone. Try and push the plug in tight into the Mob Phone

Netra Karthik

Sure Ram ji,  will look into it. Will ping you in smule notification in case of any help.  Many thanks for your support.