Pixelation / camera / iPad 7th generation

annaknudsenmusic

I bought a iPad 7th generation - and whenever I am recording, the camera quality seem fine.

However, after the recording when I play it - it is very pixelated and completely useless. The sounds is fine.

It was much better on my iPad 4, I just got a newer iPad because the 4 was slow.

I am in contact with Smule who doesn't seem to know the problem - or what to do about it.

Is anyone else experiencing this? 😬

annaknudsenmusic
1 hour ago, opentype said:

Can you post an example link or maybe even a before and after?

Look at this link - a private recording I made for Smule to look into:

https://www.smule.com/p/2138041888_3392744037

opentype

The pixelation comes from the video compression. Not really sure how this ties to a specific device like a certain iPad though. The compression happens on Smule’s server. Are you sure you have good internet connection on your new iPad? That’s the only thing I could think of worth checking. You could also try to activate the setting in the app to only upload with WiFi. 

annaknudsenmusic

Yeah, I think Smule compresses it too much. When I use the video recording that comes with the iPad, the recording quality is fine. And yes, I have the same internet connection as I did on my old iPad. 

I think I have already enabled the upload only wifi setting, but I will double check. This is really a mystery to me, especially since Smule doesn't seemt to have heard of the problem before - and I can't find any hits when googling. It's a brand new iPad that I used Smule on instantly, before I even tampered with settings etc., so it doesn't make much sense.