Smule App and Website wifi connectivity error

smilealways06

Does any iOS user suddenly have wifi connectivities issues or errors going into Smule app and the website? I am able to go into the app using my phone data, but not my wifi. Is anyone experiencing this issue? Btw my wifi works perfectly and I’m not having internet connection problems. There’s an attach pic showing my error.

D542C310-E90B-459D-B94C-44A495DD5C14.jpeg

Edited by smilealways06
  • sad 1

• 7 months later...
praveenkumar2368

I am also facing similar issues @smilealways06, smule is not working over wifi but it works on cellular network, any idea? Earlier everything was fine, recently faced this problem

IMG_20201008_235235.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
PAS_WangBu16

Yes, I do occasionally get that problem as well, especially when I've started saving a lot of songs within the day. I'd like to think that there's a problem between our ISPs connecting to the Smule servers for some reason; it's temporary though; when that happens, I simply switch to my mobile data for a moment. After a while, it's ok again.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
SIA_mrky_WSMG

Yes same exact issue.  Haven’t been able to use SMULE for three days now.  This is the second time this has happened to me in the past year.  I contacted support they asked for my ISP number.  Haven’t heard back yet. I get so frustrated with SMULE sometimes.  Love the app I have 16 k followers been using it for six years but these types of glitches are so annoying.  I hope they fix soon.  I used all my data for the month so now I have to wait until they fix. 

This has been an on-going issue with them.  They have to fix.  I think we should bombard them with messages until they fix.

9CCF0D44-DC85-41B7-8877-D6A2B2B4931E.png

Rockingaxs

Mine is resolved now. They said that if you take any action multiple times in a limited duration then it triggers 418 error. For me, I tried to take myself out of the multiple group I joined which triggered 418 error for me (I know it’s silly) but after 2 days, it’s all set now just like before. They say don’t take any action multiple times in short duration.

SIA_mrky_WSMG

What the heck does that mean? I am in three SMULE groups but I have been there for a long time.  I am going on three days.  I haven’t done anything differently than I did before . 

Rockingaxs

Here is their response to my problem. Please contact Smule if it persists.

best!!

”Hello,

The "error 418" that you've screenshotted is a generic spam limit error. It can pop-up when you've hit one of the spam filters for requesting an action too much in a short period of time. An easy example of this is posting a public comment 100 times in a minute -> you'll get the Error 418 message. The important thing to note is that hitting a spam filter will simply result in the specific action being blocked for your profile for about 10-24hrs. So if you hit the public comments spam limit that specific functionality will be blocked for a few hours and then enabled again. This will not affect the rest of the functionalities available on the Smule platform in any way so you can still record new songs even with your comments blocked. 

If the issue persists, please get back to us advising us on your IP address. If you're not sure what your IP is you can just Google "What's my IP".

SIA_mrky_WSMG

That makes no sense there is nothing I did any differently.  I usually get about 100 joins per song snd I comment on every song.  It is possible i commented several times in a minute but they were relevant comments and they are incorrect I cannot do anything I can’t open an OC, I can’t join and I have to hit a button 5 times before it loves.

I sent them my IP and I am still blocked 

thanks for posting this 

• 4 months later...
_EPIC_Christa
On 2/16/2020 at 8:57 AM, smilealways06 said:

Does any iOS user suddenly have wifi connectivities issues or errors going into Smule app and the website? I am able to go into the app using my phone data, but not my wifi. Is anyone experiencing this issue? Btw my wifi works perfectly and I’m not having internet connection problems. There’s an attach pic showing my error.

D542C310-E90B-459D-B94C-44A495DD5C14.jpeg

I am having this exact problem.  It’s only my home WiFi all of sudden not able to connect to Smule app and the website.  It works on my phone data and personal hot spot.  This has been going on all weekend.  I shared my IP address with Smule support and I thought they fixed it ; but it isn’t working 😢. Any suggestions would be great 😉

smilealways06
7 hours ago, _EPIC_Christa said:

I am having this exact problem.  It’s only my home WiFi all of sudden not able to connect to Smule app and the website.  It works on my phone data and personal hot spot.  This has been going on all weekend.  I shared my IP address with Smule support and I thought they fixed it ; but it isn’t working 😢. Any suggestions would be great 😉

Hi…if I remembered correctly…all I did was reset my phone network and it help solved my problems…maybe try resetting your phone network?? Hope it helps?

opentype
16 hours ago, _EPIC_Christa said:

You could try to turn your router on and off. But if you have a static IP and Smule blocked it temporarily, you would just have to wait.