How do I stop receiving invites from singers I don't follow?

KC Kannan

I am using the Android version of the app. Of late I am seeing a sudden increase in the number of invites and to my dismay, these are from singers I don't follow! The invites that matter to me that are from those I follow are getting embedded inside this clutter.

Is this some new feature that's being introduced? Is there a setting that allows me to restrict invites only from those I follow?

Thank you.

• like 2

opentype

The Invites tab should only show invites from members you follow. People you don’t follow can only send you invites as messages and they will be placed in the “Other” tab. That’s easy to ignore. It can’t be turned off as far as I know. 

_RamKrish1012

Kannan, Under Notifications Tab, You have Activity, Invites, and lastly gifts. In the Invite section you will receive invites only from People you follow. No one else. You scroll through this invites list and Book Mark the ones you want to join and that book marked list appears under your Profile Page (that Contains, Connections, Invites, Live Jams, Songs, and Favourites) under Invites.

People you do not follow can send invites as Message as OpenType explained. 

You just ignore them or join if you feel like.

This is the same for Android and IOS

Ram

• like 1

KC Kannan

Gentlemen, thank you for replying. You would be surprised if I say I keep getting invites from folks whom I have no sort of connection with. The people you see in the screenshot are total strangers. I don't know how they managed to spread their invites. Please help.

Screenshot_20200125-083655_Smule.jpg

opentype

Ah, the screenshot clears it up. Those are official “Smule partner artists”. 
https://sing.salon/smule-partner-artists/
You can tell by the purple badge. 

Smule does indeed put partner invites into everyone’s feed. It’s not like those individual invite you. Smule just suggests them to you, since many Smule users enjoy singing with well-known singers. 

I don’t think there is a way to stop this. But I think the amount of those invites is acceptable – and sometimes I appreciate it since I might not have learned any other way that a certain partner artist has opened songs on the platform. 

• thank you! 1

_RamKrish1012

Kannan Did not think of these as Invites as they come from SMULE and they are kept open for a whole Year not just seven days. Just ignore these and bookmark invites you wish to join. I book mark invites ones a week. About 60 to 70 but sing when wever I am in the mood or have extra time. Sometimes you may not get around to sing all bookmarked songs...That is the way it is.

• like 1

• 3 months later...
Anna_M_Mathilda

Hi, 

I realise this comment is a few months late. I too, have been receiving these unwanted invites from Smule partner artists.  I block them and am told I will not receive any more. But then, lo and behold, I still get them! Most frustrating because they are not “an acceptable amount of invites.” Not if they keep on coming! Today I received three in a row, from BLOCKED Smule partner artists and a new one from another Smule partner artist. Enough already! I don’t want to sing with well-known artists, especially one who says how much he loves his own compositions! I just want to sing with the friends I have made on Smule. Here’s a thought, Smule administrators, keep a track somehow, of Smuleans who DO sing with these Smule partner artists. And send your invites to them ONLY. Please.

• like 2