Android 10 - Can't follow people in Smule app

YutingWang90

I recently updated to Android 10 on my Zenfone 5z (I assume this is the cause) and now I cannot follow people when I'm on Wifi. I just get a message "Cannot connect to Smule..." or "Update failed....".

If I turn off Wifi and use my mobile data it still works.....

Needless to say my Wifi is fine. No connectivity issues, I can still use all the other functionalities of Smule on Wifi, but I can't follow people.

Is this a known issue with Smule/Android 10 or just me?

YutingWang90

Edit: This may not be an Android 10 issue, some of my other friends on older Android versions also have this problem as of recently....

This happens when I try to follow anyone from these screens (on Wifi):

80509837_491174734839325_9058379850271686656_n.thumb.jpg.3c32ccc88c4479d167405000c4897a8e.jpg80656203_1362070163995376_6432245096682356736_n.thumb.jpg.c0e99725ec9fb7ea4e7203f42284995a.jpg

Edited by YutingWang90

• 4 months later...
ClairDeLune04

Hi, I actually experience the same issue with two different android versions. And I receive this error not with all accounts. I can follow some and others not. Same this goes for collabs. With some I can upload the duet, with others not. Also, my profile picture cannot be added, receiving the same error message. Did you finally find a solution? 

Edited by ClairDeLune04

YutingWang90
On 5/16/2020 at 11:15 PM, ClairDeLune04 said:

Hi, I actually experience the same issue with two different android versions. And I receive this error not with all accounts. I can follow some and others not. Same this goes for collabs. With some I can upload the duet, with others not. Also, my profile picture cannot be added, receiving the same error message. Did you finally find a solution? 

Hi yeah, their tech guys got back to me via their support guys.

I'm not sure if this is your issue but they said they have measures in place to help prevent their servers from being spammed, so when we perform too many actions in a short enough time-frame, smule will prevent us from doing anything for a while. It's quite annoying... they really need to upgrade their tech..

ClairDeLune04

Thanks, I thought so 😉. Though I think that they specifically focus on new accounts, where it should actually be normal to expect various changes in the beginning when trying out the app. But anyways, thanks so much for taking your time and have a great day. 

Greets