Smule songs not loading properly

Always, Leonila

Hi Everyone, just wanting to see if anyone else is having issues with songs being ntermittent and not loading ptoperly, If it happens to load and let you join in, it then cut off abruply as if its the end of the song. My internet connection both on wifi and pbone data are working properly. I can watch you tube videos and all. Anybody have any ideas,  or troubleshootung. tips? Any feedback would be  greatly appreciated, Thank you so much, 

ALways,

Leonila

• confused 1
  • sad 1

opentype

Over what timespan do you experience this?

I certainly get loading problems from time to time. It’s no surprise. Smule has millions of users active at the same time. I usually just wait a couple of minutes or hours and it starts working again. 

Always, Leonila
4 hours ago, opentype said:

Over what timespan do you experience this?

I certainly get loading problems from time to time. It’s no surprise. Smule has millions of users active at the same time. I usually just wait a couple of minutes or hours and it starts working again. 

Thanks for the reply @opentype, it has been like that foe the last 3 days. I have uninstall And reinstall the app, reboot my phone and nothing helps. I just tried again this morning and it still the same...

Cheers 

_RamKrish1012
15 hours ago, Always, Leonila said:

Hi Everyone, just wanting to see if anyone else is having issues with songs being intermittent and not loading properly, If it happens to load and let you join in, it then cuts off abruptly as if its the end of the song. My internet connection both on wifi and phone data are working properly. I can watch you tube videos and all. Anybody have any ideas,  or troubleshooting. tips? Any feedback would be  greatly appreciated, Thank you so much, ALways, Leonila

What phone are you using ? I use iPad just for Smule and my Samsung for listening to recorded songs and looking at notifications and messaging, book marking invites etc  etc.

If I may suggest Go to Smule Settings and Turn "Upload with WiFi Only" switch on in case you have not done this. If WiFi only is not on, it is possible that the Smule App is jumping from one network to the other .

If you are already uploading with WiFi only then I am sorry I cannot think of what is causing your problem.

• like 1

NaumRa_Roman
On 12/14/2019 at 5:50 PM, Always, Leonila said:

Hi Everyone, just wanting to see if anyone else is having issues with songs being ntermittent and not loading ptoperly, If it happens to load and let you join in, it then cut off abruply as if its the end of the song. My internet connection both on wifi and pbone data are working properly. I can watch you tube videos and all. Anybody have any ideas,  or troubleshootung. tips? Any feedback would be  greatly appreciated, Thank you so much, 

ALways,

Leonila

Hi Leonila, I also had a similar one ..
I realized that this happens if there is a poor Internet connection and the gadget is overloaded with tasks, there is not enough memory ...
Try to clean the memory and unload the processor (remove unnecessary tasks)
and clear the Smule application cache....
Good luck!

Edited by NaumRa_Roman

Always, Leonila

@NaumRa_Roman, Thanks for that, My internet connection was good.  It seems to be working fine now and I also noticed that it updates the system that it now allows me to record video after saving my Audio just like the Apple feature. Im using Samsung. But I will clean up task, its always good to stop all the background. Thank You

Edited by Always, Leonila
removed one question

• 3 months later...
Rao Yadamreddy

Hi Leonila,

Understand your problem as I had the same yesterday...Someone says it happens now and then but only couple of minutes or hours only. It took about 10hrs for me yesterday...so annoying...the site owners should take proper steps on this issue....anyhow good luck...

• like 1

_RamKrish1012

With Corona Pandemic most working people are locked in at home and bored and singing on Smule. My Guess is Smule has unprecedented wave of uploads Globally. A while ago Smule support told me over 50million songs get uploaded every week or months ( I forget) now it is Probable three or four times the volume. I had a few hiccups tonight too. It could also be an Internet problem as a lot of people are streaming movies or using netflix and amazon. Today is Good Friday to a Public Holiday Globally. Just my Opinion. I could be wrong.

Cheers

• like 1

opentype
46 minutes ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

With Corona Pandemic most working people are locked in at home and bored and singing on Smule. My Guess is Smule has unprecedented wave of uploads Globally.

Yeah, that is a very good guess I think. 

Always, Leonila

Thanks Everyone, Somehow It has resolved itself and haven't had the issue since. Hope everyone is staying safe and well and Yes, Just on the ones Im following the invites went from about 6 to 20 per day average to now about 100 or more. 

• 3 months later...
Smitha_Bb

I m facing the same problem.. Since 3 days. Internet is working fine.. I can watch YouTube videos too. But Smule songs are not loading. Please help

_RamKrish1012
5 hours ago, Smitha_Bb said:

I m facing the same problem.. Since 3 days. Internet is working fine.. I can watch YouTube videos too. But Smule songs are not loading. Please help

Not necessarily the Internet Connectivity. The WiFi could be a Problem. so please check your WiFi Strength. If WiFi is good then change the smule setting to WiFi Only and this could solve your problem. I am just thinking aloud

KJS

This happens if the song track has not finished loading properly for the first time due to internet disconnect for any reason. The solution is to clear cache and data and restart your phone. You will have to initiate the app again, but everything will work properly, if your internet connection remains steady this time..

• 1 month later...
ernihoffman29

I encounter the same problem too for the past 1 week. The songs wont load properly. It always prompt msg to check internet conn. 
my internet conn was good. I can watch youtube without buffering, browisng without problem. Only at smule i uave problem loading the song.

i tried using my celluler data to connect. Same thing happen. I am using iphone. Anyone can help to solve this. Its really annoying. I cant smule freely now

• 1 month later...
Erine Sedicum

The only Smule songs I can do are the ones that do not have a video. If I try to do a video I get a white screen and I have to tap to restart the video. When I completed the song the video will not download. Please help, thank you.

• 1 month later...
qzoet
On 12/14/2019 at 10:50 PM, Always, Leonila said:

ALways,

Leonila

I recently experienced the same problem too. My internet connection is fine.. I can watch youtube very smoothly.. But when i try to play song on it said "cannot load content". Pls, check your internet connection and try again ".. Try everything from reinstall, reset, and whatever it is but it still doesn't work. 

_RamKrish1012

I can load the song and record it but uploads failed. Error 504 it says Try again I am told. I tried 4 times and same result. Switched it off and went to sleep. Just Internet overload because of Covid and everyone still working from home. No new movies at the cinemas and every one is streaming movies at home. Downloads are Ok the Problem is Uploads especially if iFi at home is being used by others for streaming. Best to avoid weekends and peak hours for Smule

• like 1

ironFryingPan

The recommendation is... "Check your internet connection..." 

Yeah I check my internet connection right the way with YouTube every time, and everything load up super fast. 

So Smule, stop giving us your bull and CHECK YOUR own f__king SERVER please!

• like 1
  • thank you! 1

• 2 weeks later...
Hassan Shams
On 12/15/2019 at 2:44 AM, _RamKrish1012 said:

What phone are you using ? I use iPad just for Smule and my Samsung for listening to recorded songs and looking at notifications and messaging, book marking invites etc  etc.

If I may suggest Go to Smule Settings and Turn "Upload with WiFi Only" switch on in case you have not done this. If WiFi only is not on, it is possible that the Smule App is jumping from one network to the other .

If you are already uploading with WiFi only then I am sorry I cannot think of what is causing your problem.

Why would you suggest uploading with WiFi only? Couple of years ago one could play newly recorded songs straight out using data without WiFi. Now you can’t. Once you load the song on your phone with WiFi you can then play it at a remote location without WiFi with data 

Edited by Hassan Shams

• 4 weeks later...
TomasTheo

why do they never fix it? it's always the night that smule has this problem, in the other apps and on youtube it's all ok, i believe it's a problem on their server more for them to look at it carefully people need to write here

• 3 weeks later...
Kareokigirl

Still after rebooting ten times and uninstalling and reinstalling the app it still will not play songs!! I changed settings to wi-fi only but still. So it shows that it is playing in smule but does not come through my phone, since the thumbnail photo of the song shows activity with bars and the green activity bar has moved but I can hear NO song through my phone. I got ONE song to play after xxxx-ing with this for over 2 hours! Thanks a lot, cannot listen to my joins nor record new songs...what a frigging waste of time and money!!!

_RamKrish1012
21 hours ago, Kareokigirl said:

Been having this problem since last April 2020 and Smule support says there is no problem.

Just a suggestion can you use someone else phone and log into your account and see if you can hear your songs. This is to rule out a problem with your phone. What phone are you using ?