Live Jam

_RamKrish1012

Singing on Smule is basically Kareoke, where you join someone's invite or some one joins your invite.Two singers complete a song singing at different times. Live Jam is more like the after dinner party Sing along with Family and Friends who are present and the singing happens at the same time. So you can tell your Smule singing partners a date and a time you are going to have a live Jam Session on Smule and you start the Jam and your friends Join you and you have a blast. Now Jam Sessions can be Public or Private by invite only, so you don't get total outsiders to join and disrupt the Live Jam.

• like 1

_yvo_

Thanks so much for that!  Now I totally understand how the reason for this feature and I think I may want to try it some day.  One more question though, when you’re doing a live jam is it done in video or could it be just audio?  

_RamKrish1012

Suggest you experiment this first hand to get the feel for it. Click on live band. As a first step swich public button off. once you have done that the Live Jam Room is all yours tp play with. It gives you options to grab the mic and sing or drop it. It gives you various settings for audio like studio. Super studio, etc same as smule.. There is also the facility to find the song you want to sing. then at the top is the forward button that takes you to your followers whom you can invite for the session. This Feature is a Blast with youngsters  wanting to have fun singing.

Once you have mastered it you may want to go public but it has other problems There are scavengers who just poke their noses into Live Jams only to ruin the fun. Best have private sessions with people you know are safe to be with.

• like 1

• 7 months later...
Edwardharriss
On 11/24/2019 at 4:24 AM, _RamKrish1012 said:

Suggest you experiment this first hand to get the feel for it. Click on live band. As a first step swich public button off. once you have done that the Live Jam Room is all yours tp play with. It gives you options to grab the mic and sing or drop it. It gives you various settings for audio like studio. Super studio, etc same as smule.. There is also the facility to find the song you want to sing. then at the top is the forward button that takes you to your followers whom you can invite for the session. This Feature is a Blast with youngsters  wanting to have fun singing.

Once you have mastered it you may want to go public but it has other problems There are scavengers who just poke their noses into Live Jams only to ruin the fun. Best have private sessions with people you know are safe to be with.

Just a quick question, how do I invite someone to a livejam, because I can't find a way to do that myself, can you not do that if you're hosting?