_yvo_

Scammers and fakes on Smule?

_yvo_

Has anyone had any trouble with people who don’t sing but want to get to know you?  Falling in love with you after only knowing them a couple of weeks?  Or how many of you been followed by Princes and countless t.v. and movie actors?  I don’t know their angle but I don’t like to snub people.  I like to treat others as I’d like to be treated but have become a bit jaded by the scammers and fakes.  I guess that is true in real life as well. 

• like 1

TrebleMaker726

Yes, I get private messages from random men who don't even post songs. If they have zero songs and follow a lot of people, I don't respond because they're only there looking for one thing. Never give them your personal info! 

• like 1

PeacefulJoin

It may be spam or bots, but one day I replied to one of them, and I guess the “spam/bot” didn’t like my response, and they shot me the bird (middle finger). 😳🤣 I laughed and blocked. Pure nonsense! It is annoying. I have developed super thick skin, thanks to this app and Facebook. Right! Never give out personal info! 

Edited by PeacefulJoin
Wording

_yvo_

Oh, I would never give out my personal info!  And I could tell what they were all about within a couple of lines from them. 😊 Have you guys ever reported anyone?  Or are there too many of these knuckleheads to be worry about it?  

Crazyjster

normally I wouldn't even check my "other" PMs but lately I have noticed I am not following people I thought I was and have noticed a ridiculous amount of "older gentlemen" PMing me for dates, etc.., some pretty explicit messages...lol, and then I've got the princes, the Keanu Reeves (more than 1 lol), Bobby Brown, Colin Farrell, and the list goes on...I just laugh at it. They are harmless and as long as no one makes a threat I just ignore them. There are a few people that are annoying but I don't think blocking does anything either...if they are that determined to watch and comment they will keep making new accounts and its harder to manage if the person decides to become a stalker. I find ignoring is the best and see what happens...though some of the messages are pretty funny and I have to wonder what people think before sending something...

One of these days I might send some smart ass response back...but knowing my luck I would respond to some psycho lol!

• haha 1

_yvo_

That Keanu Reeves gets around! He follows me too.  🤣 And here I heard he had a girlfriend.  I suppose it’s funny reading and harmless as long as you don’t interact with them. 

• haha 1

Crazyjster
10 hours ago, _yvo_ said:

That Keanu Reeves gets around! He follows me too.  🤣 And here I heard he had a girlfriend.  I suppose it’s funny reading and harmless as long as you don’t interact with them. 

Keanu Reeves...but do you have two of them???😂😂😂

• haha 1

PeacefulJoin
34 minutes ago, Crazyjster said:

Keanu Reeves...but do you have two of them???😂😂😂

Mr. Reeves followed me, too. 😂 Yes, there were two of him. They didn’t try to chat. I bump the fakes immediately. 

• like 1

Crazyjster

So are you saying Keanu Reeves...both of them...are not really Keanu Reeves? I’m gonna need a few minutes to get over the shock of finding out he’s a fake...

Im in shock like When I got Justin Bieber a couple of weeks in a live jam and got him to pick up the mic only to I find out he was a 15 yr old kid (if that) lol!!

Luckily most are harmless 

• haha 1

_yvo_

Yes, I did have two Keanu Reeves but I was so sure it was because he wanted to make sure I noticed him the first time around!  😝 Now that we’ve uncovered the scandalous truth about him, I suppose we should start some type of support group for all the grieving women once they also find out.  

• like 1