Has anyone tried Rode sc6-l ?

Ragst

Hello,

I'm new to smule...looking forward to purchase hardware. 

Please tell me if anyone has ever used Rode SC6-L with iphone/ipad ? Is it compatible with Smule?

Also advise good condenser available (within 5k) via Amazon India or in Delhi easily ?

Thanks in advance!

• thank you! 1

opentype
4 hours ago, Ragst said:

Hello,

I'm new to smule...looking forward to purchase hardware. 

Please tell me if anyone has ever used Rode SC6-L with iphone/ipad ? Is it compatible with Smule?

What do you want to achieve with it?
It’s mostly made for interviews and the settings are only available in a Røde recording app. I don’t think that makes much sense for Smule. 

Also advise good condenser available

You can check our mic section: https://sing.salon/microphone-reviews/

• thank you! 1

_RamKrish1012

Rode Sc 6L, I bought one and returned it the next day. No good for Smule.

Now before you even think of using an external Dynamic or Condenser Microphone with your iPhone or iPad you will need a Phone/Mic Interface like the iRig Pro I/O. Just plugging a mic to iPh or iPad will not work. I learnt it the hard way. Yes you will be recording some thing but your voice will be recorded by the built in microphone in your iPad or iPhone.

I use with my iRig Pro I/O mob phone interface an Dynamic Mic AKG d5 Vocal as well as a very old Sony dynamic Mic. You will also need a very good over the ears Noise Cancelling Head Phones to get the pitch of your voice and timing spot on. I love my Audio Technica ATH M50x head phones

Also you should know that to make a condenser Microphone work for Smule it will require a Phantom 48V power and this option is available in iRig Pro I/O.

Condenser Mic are extremely sensitive and suitable for recording in a professional studio and not at home.

I was extremely keen on buying the Shure 87A Cond Mic costing Aud $365 and the sakes man dissuaded me from wasting money on such a good mic for home recording saying it is extremely sensitive and will  highlight all the flaws in your voice.. A Good man but bad salesman .

If you are a beginner on Smule, there are many Gaming Head Phones with Built in Microphones not on the cable but an arm that extends out like a Telephone receptionists gear which many smule members are using successfully

Trust this helps.

• thank you! 1

• 5 months later...
Wds1965

This set works PERFECT on you smule app on iphone. No setring. You plug in iphone open the smule app en rvode app and GO works creat. Wow !   

mathewscc

I have my good old iRigPre. I am using Sinheiser e835 microphone connected to iRigPre with an XLR chord. With proper gain control on iRigPre, I am reasonably okay.

I may need to upgrade it to iRig Pro I/O.  I am wondering if it is worth the upgrade; or should I live with the iRigPre

_RamKrish1012

I used the iRig Pre and it was "Just Ok Quality wise" nothing to write home about, I'd say for the Price plus was chewing up Batteries like mad and then one day it just died on me and I ended up buying the iRig Pro I/O with a Charger and can vouch it is way way superior to iRig Pre which is Basic. You can control the Gain and Head Phone Volumes a lot better. I Use the iRig Pro I/O with my 6th Gen iPad and have no regrets but am always looking for something that is even better than iRig Pro I/O. I am waiting eagerly for Rode Microphones to come up with a better mob phone and external mic interface. But then this is just my opinion. 

harshad911

Yes, I am using it. I took L/R line out from Steinberg ur44. Used Line to Microphone attenuator. Then connected to both input of Rode SC6-L. I am running Rode's Reporter app in the background. It's working fine. I might have overkilled the setup, but I am satisfied of results.......Thanks